Friday, July 15, 2005

What's inthe Box

This "game" is lots of fun. I used it with my advanced-level conversation class, but it could also be used with beginners and intermediate-level students. Take a medium-sized box, preferable one that has a top.

Cut a hole in the top and replace it on the box. Then take an object - something that they'd be at least somewhat familiar with - and place it in the box. I used things like scissors, a fork, a pair of earphones, and a spool of thread.

Have a student come up to the front of the class and put their hand in the box. They have to describe the object to the class by TOUCH alone, while everyone else guesses what it is. It's good for building vocabulary and also listening skills. My class had so much fun doing this! Hope yours likes it, too!

No comments:

Teaching Methods

In case my CELTA teachers google my work and find this site, it should be noted that the lesson plans here are original work, and that I am keeping them on my blog for my own records. For further information, email me at sandyhoney2@gmail.com.

Blog Archive