Saturday, July 16, 2005

Vocabulary Games

I'm not sure if this game is on the list under a different name but I thought I'd give it a whirl. The teacher divides the room into four corners: agree, somewhat agree, somewhat disagree, and disagree.

Then the teacher makes a statement like "Movie stars deserve to be paid huge sums of money for what they do." The students move to the corner that best depicts how they feel about the statement. The students in each corner have a few minutes to discuss why they feel this way and then their group presents. Depending on the type of statement made by the teacher, this game can be very serious, very funny, very political etc...

Cultural differences among students are highlighted in this game and debate can get intense.

No comments:

Teaching Methods

In case my CELTA teachers google my work and find this site, it should be noted that the lesson plans here are original work, and that I am keeping them on my blog for my own records. For further information, email me at sandyhoney2@gmail.com.

Blog Archive