Saturday, July 16, 2005

Vocabulary

I don't believe that no-one has thought of this game! What is wrong with a variation on the simple "I Went Shopping and I bought .........."?

Divide the class into groups. Then the teacher starts by saying "I Went to ...... and I bought........." (adapt it to suit your town). Then go around group by group and see how much your students remember.

I tried this with a junior middle school class and they surprisingly needed very little prompting. You just need to make sure that no-one in the class writes the list down as it is going around. You just need to make sure that the same students don't speak over and over again. Encourage everyone to participate.

No comments:

Teaching Methods

In case my CELTA teachers google my work and find this site, it should be noted that the lesson plans here are original work, and that I am keeping them on my blog for my own records. For further information, email me at sandyhoney2@gmail.com.

Blog Archive