Saturday, July 16, 2005

Bingo

I think most people know the game bingo, and I am sure that there is a recipe for word bingo here. Just in case there is not I will quickly run through it. Each student gets a bingo grid 4x4 squares.

I write about 20 words on the board and ask them to choose 16 words and put one word in each square. As I call the words out the cross them off in order to make 4 in a row across, down or diagnal.

Ok so my Bingo with a twist is to use opposite words. I use this game after teaching about opposites to reinforce the ideas. So for example they write hot, fast, easy etc but I call out cold, slow, difficult etc. I have found it works well as they think about it more than they otherwise would and they find it more challenging than ordinary bingo. I played this with Junior 2 (age 12-14) and it worked very well!

No comments:

Teaching Methods

In case my CELTA teachers google my work and find this site, it should be noted that the lesson plans here are original work, and that I am keeping them on my blog for my own records. For further information, email me at sandyhoney2@gmail.com.

Blog Archive